I lost an additional four days of my life in Hawaii due to the ATA/Aloha shutdown! We made the best of it...two more days of Windsurfing. Too bad I chickened out. The waves were way bigger than the Bay Area. I plan to go back and tackle that once we recover some of the lost cash to get back too! Paying $900 per person one-way to get home really did not go over very well in my book.
In my opinion, someone at the executive level with Aloha or ATA had to have know that this was going to happen. Honestly, what are the odds of the same two carriers (that we booked with) going out of business with no contingency plans in place for travelers.
A great place to get stuck though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm trying to get out there in the end of May. I cannot seem to find any direct flights. The prices are around $700 right now for round-trip. Sorry to hear about your awful travels, sounds like you guy’s received the worst part of that collapse. I would have definitely stolen a couple blankets and some magazines.
Try using using this link http://www.sidestep.com/; that is how we found tickets going out there for about $400++. We will definitely go back though, it is amazing.
Sidestep.com is a fantastic sight. Hands down it'll always point you to the cheapest flights. It aggregates other online ticket discounter results + results from the airlines themselves.
Post a Comment